Saturday, November 16, 2013

Black Bean Sliders

Lately I've been trying my hand at making more of our bread. I like the Silver Hills sprouted breads and the One Degree Veganic breads but nothing beats fresh bread right out of the oven. I've also started buy our flours from a local farmer who does old heritage varieties of wheat and we've been really happy with them. For baking bread we've been using a variety called Park Wheat which has excellent flavour.   I use my bread machine and just use the dough setting to do the mixing and then I form the buns by hand and let them rise then bake and voila - fresh homemade bread!

So the other day I tried a new black bean burger recipe a la veggie kids and I decided to make them slider size and make some slider buns. They turned out great and i made sure I made enough to have leftovers for lunch the next day!





No comments: