Friday, October 5, 2012

Thanksgiving Prep

Today was a very busy day - too busy to take any pictures. I spent most of today getting ready for Thanksgiving dinner here on Sunday for 20 plus peeps. I started planning the menu a few months ago. here is what we are having: meatless meatloaf (mama pea), mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy (the vegan table), stuffing (mama pea), white bean and leek cassoulet (vcon), steamed broccoli with garlic butter and cashews (the vegan table), roasted shredded brussel sprouts & cippolini onions (a la born to be vegan!), corn (for the picky veggie haters), cranapple maple crisp with vanilla coconut milk ice cream  and pumpkin cake with fluffy mallow frosting (let them eat vegan). I feel like something is missing from that list but I'm too tired to go look.

Today I got all the brussel sprouts washed and shredded, the mushrooms sauteed for the gravy, the cranapple maple filling cooked for the crisp, the frosting whipped, the veggies washed and chopped for the cassoulet and stuffing, and the table is all decorated. Tomorrow and I have to stop at the farmers market for a few more fresh veggies, peel potatoes (my least favourite job), and do some cleaning but it will make everything so much easier on sunday. Fortunately we are celebrated with my in laws tomorrow night so I don't have to worry about supper which is good - I have a feeling I won't want to spend anymore time in the kitchen!

More to come with pictures!

1 comment:

Vegan308 said...

Hi! I happened to stumble upon your blog and think it's great. I have been looking at your past posts and plan on making a lot of what you made. I have one of Dreena's books so am able to get many of the recipes. Thank you for posting such beautiful pictures and wonderful stories! Looking forward to continued reading :)