Sunday, February 12, 2012

Fancy Dinner Vegan Style!

Sorry for my long blog break - 2012 has been an awesome but busy year so far!

This is way late but I thought I'd so a quick post on how we celebrated the arrival of 2012. We don't usually go out on New Years - we prefer to do family things. A couple of years we've been invited to kid friendly house parties and those have been a blast but the last few years we've just stayed home. This year I thought we'd do something a little different with the kids and decided to bring out the fancy china for a special new years dinner. Below is a few pics from that night.



Ready to start eating - they we're super excited to have candles and no lights. They felt very grown up!


Our first course was a green salad with cucumbers, grape tomatoes, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries with the Apple Cider vinaigrette from Vive (I think it was from vive - Dreena's recipe anyways!) We also had some toasted baguette with olive tapenade.


Second course was a homemade butternut squash soup. It was a new recipe I tried and it was quite good! Our third course was pasta but for some reason I didn't get a picture of that - guess I was too busy eating!


And for dessert I made brownies with vanilla coconut milk ice cream. No one complained!

It was fun to do something like that with the kids now that they are getting older. Every course someone took a turn making a toast and a wish for the new year.

So whats kept me so busy I had no time to blog? December was so hectic I took some time to just spend with the girls and DH plus DH was working a job that had to be done off hours which meant he was working nights and weekends and sleeping when he could during the day so it was a very odd 3 weeks for us. I've also been doing a lot of reading lately - has anyone read Super Immunity by Dr. Fuhrman? EXCELLENT book - if you haven't read it I highly recommend it!

I also got something new that I have been wanting for a long time now but I'm saving that for my next post - don't worry it won't be 2 months from now, I already have my pics ready to go for it!

No comments: