Sunday, February 26, 2012

Double Duty

Its been a crazy busy week this past week. My baby turned 5 (!!!) last Monday and we had all our family here for a party, which was great. She has been really wanting to go see Big Miracle at the theatre ever since we saw a preview for it when we saw the Muppet Movie during Christmas break. Every time the theme song came on the radio she'd make sure she mentioned how much she wanted to see it. So we surprised her on her birthday by taking her to see it. She loved it - we all did. Good thing we had such a great long weekend because our washing machine broke and if you read this blog at all you know I do a lot of laundry so the long weekend turned into a long week (and not the good kind).

So it was a good thing I had planned to make chickpea sensation patties from ED&BV for dinner one night this past week. Those patties are not only delicious but they are versatile too. Leftovers become veggie burgers, I love leftovers that are like a completely different meal!

Here is a pic of our veggie burgers. Please ignore the white buns - there was a snow storm here over the weekend and these were the only vegan buns I could find at the store by my house.






If you have not made these put them on your to make list. They are easy to make and they make a lot , I think i got 18 patties out of my recipe. I do make a few of them on the smaller side - the girls like mini burgers so I keep some small for that reason. They are awesome on there own but they make a really tasty veggie burger as well. Much cheaper than from the store and its nice to know exactly what is in your food (even thought there are some frozen veggie burgers i don't mind and we will by from time to time).

Enjoy!

No comments: