Thursday, December 29, 2011

Raw cashew ice cream

The other day at the store Ollie talked me into buying this ice cream for her (she didn't have to work very hard to convince me!).



Its the Blue Mountain Cashew Creamery ice cream. We picked the strawberry flavour to try and I'm surprised by how much i like it. I'm not a huge ice cream eater or even dessert eater but one thing i really use to enjoy in my pre vegan days was cheesecake and this ice cream had a real cheesecake taste to it imo. The kids were a little put off by the colour (it was kind of purple-grey in colour) but they got over it as soon as they tasted it. It was a real crowd pleaser. Very filling - a very small bowl is all you need which is good because it was $8.50 for a little container but like I said a little goes a long way. I'd like to try the mango flavour as well.

So if your looking for a raw ice cream or if you want to switch up your usual non dairy ice cream you might want to give this one a go. We've only tried the strawberry but we give 2 thumbs up and we'll definitely buy it again.

No comments: