Saturday, December 24, 2011

Making a list and checking it twice...

I know I promised to post my Christmas menu yesterday but I had my littlest's party yesterday all morning and then the cooking/crafting/wrapping/cleaning continued all day so I was wiped last night. Every year I say I'll be more organized next year but every year I seem to be rushing right to the last second. Maybe next year will finally be the year!

Anyways now that christmas is here I'm putting all the craziness to the side and just enjoying being with the kids and dh. Tonight we go to my parents house for supper and so I give you this years Chirstmas menu!

Dinner

Gardein Savoury Stuffed Turk'y
Mashed potatoes
Mushroom gravy from The Vegan Table
Tossed salad
Roasted veggies
Spinach salad
Buns

Dessert

Cappuccino mousse pie from Vegan Pie in the Sky
Coconut raspberry squares
Double chocolate candy cane cookies
Oatmeal Raisin cookies
Coconut date balls


I'm usually not a fan of mock meats and as a rule we don't eat them - we are a beans/legume family but I bought some of these gardein turk'ys to try and the kids loved them and I quite liked them too so I thought we have them for christmas this year. They are a seasonal item but i really wish they had them year round cuz they are really quite delish ! I made all the desserts plus the tossed salad, and the gravy so thats why I've been so busy in the kitchen these last few days. Plus I'm bringing a huge veggies and dip platter to my in laws on Christmas Day. but now its time to put all that aside and focus on whats really important - family. And with that I'm off to watch Elmo Saves Christmas with the kids (again!)

I hope all of you have a fabulous Christmas with all your friends and family too - Merry Christmas!!!


No comments: