Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Double Chocolate Brownies...Yes Peas!

A few weeks back I got an email from amazon.ca with some book suggestions for me. I was going to delete it straight away because we're tightening the belt around here and I didn't want to tempt myself but I just couldn't resist a peek. First book on the list ways "Peas and Thank You - simple meatless meals the whole family will love." I don't really need a new cookbook I told myslef but I decided to take a look at it on amazon.ca anyways. In the description they talked about the blog so I decided to check it out.

Love it, love it, love it! I'm probably the last person on earth to read the blog/website but if you haven't checked it out do it! Funny funny girl that Sarah and her two girls....well lets just say I can relate to many of her stories as I have two girls the same age with the same flair for the dramatic and a love of dresses and skirts as well.

So of course I ended up ordering the her cookbook (as well as Colleen Patrick Goudreau's new book the 30 day vegan challenge - looking so forward to this book and as a side note my sister and her family are going vegan and her in-laws are as well so I may be buying a few more copies of this one for them but more on that in another post) but unfortunately it is delayed a bit and won't be here for a few weeks but no worries - Sarah as lots of reci"peas" posted on her site so I decided to try a few out this week.

First up was the Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls. My friend Kirsten and her daughter come for coffee on Monday morning and it was a chilly day here so I decided to try these out. The house was filled with the scent of sugar and cinnamon and coffee - pretty close to heaven for a couple of fall lovers like us! We had them warm out of the oven and they were really good! The girls ate the rest of them (recipe said makes 6 rolls and I got 10) and loved them too.

Last night I decided to make the Double Chocolate Single Chin Brownies. I had my doubts when I looked at this recipe due to the high amount of applesauce it called for but decided to try it anyways because it was easy to make and a short list of ingredients (all of which I had in the house). So glad I did - my new favourite vegan brownie! So moist and delicious and pretty healthy for a brownie - I made mine with whole grain spelt flour but other than that I followed the recipe. Kids loved these too and we finished off the pan today.

I have a few more reci"peas" marked to try out soon and I'm really looking forward to it. I've sent my sister the link to the site too as the recipes are pretty easy (she's not a fan of cooking and needs simple recipes) and so far they seem to be crowd pleasers. If you haven't checked it out peas do (sorry couldn't help it - lame I know but once you get started with the pea thing its hard to stop!) I think you'll enjoy site and recipeas too!

No comments: