Monday, May 16, 2011

Strawberry Cupcakes with lemon frosting

I made these cupcakes for Easter. They are the Strawberry cupcakes from The Joy of Vegan Baking. I made the buttercream frosting in the book to go with them and made it a lemon buttercream by adding so lemon zest and lemon extract. It was a great combo and all the neices loved the butterfly decorations and of course the sprinkles - no cupcake is complete without sprinkles right?!


Good Friday before Easter my sister had a little easter party at her house for all the kids and wouldn't you know it - the Easter Bunny showed up for a little visit! The kids were so excited they were jumping up and down and screaming - it was funny to watch! Of course the Easter bunny brought some treats for them. The girls got a few vegan goodies.


Meals lately have been pretty simple. Kids are really digging sandwiches lately which is fine by me! Below is my sub - hummus, guac, lettuce, onion, tomatoe, green peppers, cucumbers, black olives and pickles. And because it was a friday night and we felt like a treat we had a side of sweet potatoe fries.


I've been trying to keep some quick meals in the fridge to make life a little easier. We've been munching a the quinoa, mango and black bean salad for the last few days and I just made the white bean and artichoke salad tonight for Color Me Vegan which is actually the first recipe I've made from this book even though I've had it since Christmas! I'm sure it will be great though because Colleen's recipes have never let me down!


No comments: