Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day!

Look what I got for Mothers Day....



A new yoga mat! I don't think I've ever mentioned on this blog before that I practice yoga almost everyday. I also try to take a class once or twice a week but this past year it was tough with everything going on here so I didn't make it out to any classes. Now that everything is calming down I'm looking so forward to going back to some classes! So when my husband asked my what I wanted for Mothers Day this year I mentioned that I had my eye on this new yoga mat and I am in love with it! Its pretty heavy but its nice and thick and its really slip resistant and I'm looking so forward to using it!


In January I mentioned that my goal this year was to get back to basics and that is what I have been busy doing. I had a huge garden at my old house but when we moved here there was nothing so this year I decided that there was definitely going to be a garden so I've busy sourcing out organic heirloom seeds, building supplies, and of course this......



A composter! I've been wanting to start composting for a long time now so I did some research and found this composter which I think will work great for our household. For me the big advantage with this composter is that there is no turning of the compost. You just open the lid to add your compostables and compost comes out the bottom. You can also collect the compost tea and use it (diluted with water) for your flowers and grass.

I have a lot of pictures saved up from the last couple of weeks so I'll be back with a big catch up post!

2 comments:

rawkinmom said...

wow, that composter is HUGE!!! It has to be expensive....I have seen some cool ones that look like BBQ grills almost...and they turn! I have always wanted to have a composter!! We have a small coffee can with some red wigglers in it but nothing big!!

Born to be Vegan said...

it is a huge composter! so far we are loving it and i can't wait till we get some compost from it!!!