Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Planetbox Lunches

It feels likes it has been forever since I last posted. After the girls got better with the flu DH got it and was sick for a good week with it. I lucked out and managed to avoid getting it!

Back in August I got both girls the Planetbox lunch box. I was pretty hesitant since it was pricey but after much internal debate I decided to get them. I got one for both kids since shipping was not cheap and Ollie does use hers for preschool snacks and of course will bring her lunch in it when she starts school fulltime.

I'm so glad I bought these for the kids...they've been great lunch boxes! They hold a lot of food which was something I was really worried about because Gabbie is a pretty big eater. In the cold months I would often send her a thermos of hot food (soups, pasta, chilis, etc) and pack a salad and fruit and veggies in her planetbox to go with it.

Here are a couple of lunches I've packed for her recently.



Mangoes and organic strawberries for fruit, organic carrots and cucumbers for her veggies crackers and hummus along with a little treat for after lunch and below is a cookie packed in the big dipper as well.


Also made some Banana Chocolate Chip muffins from 100 Best Baking Recipes book. I usually like to add a scoop of peanut butter to these muffins but since they were for lunches I left the pb out. The only changes I made were to use whole grain spelt flour of the all purpose.



Every Friday is hot lunch day but there are never any suitable choices for Gabbie so I try to either send her a vegan equivalent of a extra special lunch that day. Last Friday I sent her one of her all time favourites - veggie sushi! We had a lot of fruit in the house too so she also got organic kiwis, organic mangoes and blackberries and muffin in her big dipper and a few treats for after lunch. She was quite pleases with her lunch and said it was better than what the other kids had.

2 comments:

GingerandRice said...

Gosh, those lunches look delicious! Your kids are so lucky to have you to provide meals for them!

Born to be Vegan said...

Thanks! I really love that lunchbox, it makes packing the kids healthy garbage free lunches so easy!