Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Love is in the air.....

Happy Belated Valentines Day! We had a super busy weekend so this post is a little late but better late than never!

On Saturday we had my niece's birthday party. My niece and Ollie were actually born on the same day and in the past we've done birthday parties for them together and separate and this year we decided to do separate parties. So this past saturday we had Brianna's birthday. My bro and sil had this ballon lady/tatoo artist come and the kids loved her. Gabbie and Ollie each got 2 tatoos and Gabbie got a Tiger balloon animal and Ollie picked a cat. For supper my sil made sloppy joes and she made us a separate pot of vegan sloppy joes and she made a salad of mixed greens with strawberries and a raspberry vinaigrette and for dessert she made a vegan apple crisp and some vegan chocolate cupcakes with coconut buttercream frosting. i provided some So Delicious Coconut coconut milk ice cream to go along with the crisp and cupcakes. I know - their awesome! My sil always makes sure there is plenty for us to eat when we have a family dinner at their house.

We celebrated Valentines Day on Sunday night. We put the kids to bed early and DH placed an order for pick up at our favourite Italian restaurant. We always have an incredible meal from their and they are very good about making sure their is no dairy or eggs in the food. I started with a panzanella salad. its got roasted peppers, olives, capers, romaine and a tomatoe vinaigrette. Then we shared some brushetta - some tomatoe and an artichoke one. Both are fantastic but the artichoke one is my favourite! then i had the vegetariana pizza with no cheese. Hands down my favourite pizza! Artichoke hearts, fresh spinach, olives, roasted peppers, eggplant, cherry tomatoes - love it! for me this supper was a million times better than any flowers I could have got! We gave the kids each a small bag of cocoa kissed SaviSeeds and a panda red licorice stick.









The girls had their valentines Day parties at school as well. I made chocolate chocolate chip cupcakes with orange buttercream frosting (pictured above). The kids went crazy for them and needless to say Gabbie didn't bring home any leftovers. For Ollies class I made heart shaped rice crispie squares using dandies and earth balance. They turned good too and Ollie was super excited to bring them to school. I also brought her one of the cupcakes that I made for Gabbie's class since I was pretty sure the cupcakes provided at her party wouldn't be vegan. Ollie also had a very cool surprise at her party. Zelda the stuff animal zookeeper came and did a show for them. Wow was it ever good - the kids just loved her! Ollie was smiling and laughing the whole time and at the end the kids each got to pick a balloon animal. Ollie asked her to make a black puppy for her. She had such a good day but it really wore her out and she went to bed pretty early that night!

I can't believe the week is only have done! I'm so glad we have a long weekend coming up this weekend (the 3rd Monday in february here is family day)!

No comments: