Friday, November 19, 2010

Lets talk tea....





Those of you that follow this blog know that we are doing what I may have described as a "few" renos to our house right now. Those of you that know me personally know that I grossly underestimated the magnitude of this renovation and that my house (and my life!) is in shambles right now and that is why you aren't seeing a lot of food pics right now. Not that we haven't haven't been eating...despite, at times, having a lack of oven, prep area, water (plumbers were this week and as a result I had the water shut off for most of the day everyday this week) we have been managing fairly well. Not gourmet meals mind you but healthy and filling and sometimes thats all you need. And speaking of things you need....

A month ago I was out with my sister doing some Christmas shopping and I happen to walk into a lovely little tea store called David's Tea aka - Heaven! Black teas, green teas, oolong teas, white teas, herbals, red and green rooiboos, mate, - you name it they probably got it! They also sell tea pots and cups and it just so happens that I have been looking for a little tea pot for myself and I found an adorable little red one with some matching cups! And of course I had to buy a few teas for my new tea pot.

I'm generally a green tea drinker but with so many great variety of teas to choose from I had to branch out a little! On my first trip there I bought some pumpkin chai (a black tea), green seduction (an organic pomegranate green tea), strawberry white (an organic silverneedle white tea), and read my lips (a black tea with chocolate and pink peppercorns). They were all fantastic and so I just had to go back a few days later for a few more varieties! I've also tried the long life oolong (a peach oolong), green and fruity (a green rooiboos), love tea #7 (a black tea with chocolate and strawberries), toasted walnut (a green tea with walnuts), organic sencha (a really lovely green tea), lime bang (a green tea with pineapple and lime peel - more of a summer tea imo), and for the traditionalist a cream of earl grey (earl grey with vanilla). They all been lovely and everyday I look forward to stopping the reno madness for tea time!

I really can't say enough about the staff at David's Tea. Everytime I've gone in (I also did a little Christmas shopping for my Mom there as she is a big herbal tea drinker and they have some wonderful varieties of caffeine free teas) the staff always has some great recommendations and they always have a couple of different "teas of the day" that they give samples of. If your a tea lover check them out!

Whats your favourite kind of tea?

5 comments:

Catherine said...

WOW! That place DOES sound like heaven! Do they ship?

My favorite herbal lately has been "Evening in Missoula," and I've also really been digging jasmine pearls green tea. Yum!

Born to be Vegan said...

Yes they do ship! I can easily spend an hour in there smell different teas.

I really like Jasmine green tea too! I put it on my Christmas wishlist for my husband (along with a few others) but I have yet to find a herbal tea I really love but I'm sure David's Tea will have something for me!

DAVIDsTEA said...

And we ship for free on orders of $50 or more!

Born to be Vegan said...

Yes and I also forgot to mention that if you order online you get 3 free sample teas. I really should place an order online....

tweal said...

I don't drink a lot of tea but I really like rooibos, or chai. Yesterday I had rooibos mixed with peppermint and it was nice but more mint than rooibos. I do like peppermint tea on its own as well, but tends to leave a rather strange flavour and scent in my mouth. You'd think peppermint would freshen breath - not the case for me :(