Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy World Vegan Day (and the start of Vegan MoFo)!

What a crazy, crazy week last week! I am still recovering from the school Halloween parties/events, the cupcake making (both at home to send for the older one and at the preschool for the littlest. New rule - all food for parties must be bought at the store or made at the schools "certified" kitchen. Needless to say 20 vegan cupcakes would have been waaay to expensive so I packed up all my baking ingredients/supplies and make 24 golden vanilla cupcakes a la VCTOTW at the preschool for the party. Everyone loved them and the preschool teacher wants to borrow my book. See - much better than buying cupcakes!) costume prepping, house decorating, etc. We had great weather for trick-o-treating and the kids were totally thrilled with the barbies the Halloween fairy left for them (they traded their candy to the fairy for a surprise toy and some vegan treats. I actually think they were more excited for the halloween fairy than for trick-o-treating). I love Halloween but I seriously feel like I need a vacation after this last week.

I'm very excited about the start of Vegan MoFo. Although I am not officially participating I'm going to try and post every day this month too but with the renos still on going its a little crazy here but I'll do my best!

And last but not least Happy World Vegan Day to all the vegans out there. I'm off to enjoy my yummy vegan supper (grilled portobella mushrooms, bbq potatoes, steamed broc and a tossed salad...yum!)


No comments: