Saturday, October 9, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sorry for the long blog break. Things here have been very hectic because we're renovating our kitchen and bathrooms! I'm very excited but its a lot of work to get everything packed up and organised. My Uncle is actually doing all the cabinets and countertops and he is coming tonight to stay the week with us and do it. So tomorrow we are ripped out all the old stuff for the new.

Unfortunately due to the timing of the reno I will not be hosting Thanksgiving at my house this year and I am seriously sad about that. Thanksgiving is my favourite holiday to host and I love designing the menu and decorating the table with all the fall colours. Oh well, there's always next year and as a bonus I'll have a new kitchen to cook the meal in too :)

My Mom is hosting Thanksgiving this year and she is making lots of vegan goodies for all to enjoy! On the menu is mashed potatoes (vegan of course), roasted veggies, mushroom gravy from the Vegan Table, a apple and broc. slaw of some sort that is vegan, and for dessert cran apple maple pies and crisps. I was suppose to make the Festive Chickpea tart but my mom forgot to make an extra vegan pie shell for me and I'm too lazy to run to Planet Organic to get one some instead I'm making some Smoked Apple field roast sausages - these sausages are so great! Dinner is gonna be great, I can't to eat!

I hope to be able to blog over this next week once of twice but it really depends on how things are going.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians and hope everyone else is having a fabulous weekend too!

No comments: