Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Look what I found...

Summer is here! The kids are done school and the weather has been so nice so we've been having some pretty lazy days. Its nice to have a break from the structure of the school year.

Today we had some errands to run (bills to pay, etc) and we decided to stop at Planet Organic. I love it there but I always spend way too much money so I try to only make a couple of trips there a month. My local grocer carries a large selection of organic produce and vegan products. I know the manager there and he is very helpful in bringing in any vegan products he can for us.

Today was a great day to stop in at Planet Organic because we found some great new products!

First up:



Vegan rice cheese slices! I like a grilled cheese made with Daiya but the girls aren't fond of it in a grilled cheese so I was excited to see these today. I like that they are soy free - not that we don't eat some soy but I don't like a lot of processed soy products. We try to only eat minimally processed soy products (organic tofu, etc) and I haven't been able to find a rice cheese slice that was vegan.



I've blogged before about my love for the So Delicious coconut milk ice creams - love them! So I was ecited to try the Luna and Larry's brand of coconut milk ice cream products.



I love chocolate and hazelnuts so I knew exactly which flavour of ice cream I was going to try.

And I had to try the Dark Chocolate bliss bars too. Wow - this ice cream is so decadent! Its a great treat on a hot day! The Hazelnut Fudge ice cream is my new favourite ice cream for sure. I see myself gaining a few pounds this summer.....

And last but not least soy free earth balance. I have heard so much about this spread but it wasn't available in Canada till now. I haven't tried it myself yet but I made the girls grilled cheese sandwiches with this and the rice cheese slices and the Silver Hills Bakery Steady Eddie bread and they gave it two thumbs up - a real honour based on their rating system for food! I'm glad to have a few new soy free options.



No comments: