Monday, April 26, 2010

Gimme Chimmis

No pictures but tonight's dinner was really good! We had the Gimme Chimmis from ED&BV but I made a few changes. I added grated zucchini, grated carrots, and chopped red bell pepper to the bean mixture. And I made a cashew cheeze to go in the chimmis. I spread a thin layer of the cashew cheeze on a whole wheat tortilla then a scope of the bean/veggie mixture. Then I rolled it up and brushed both sides with a bit of olive oil then I pan fried them. Crispy on the outside, nice and cheezy on the inside and no greasy at all. They were so good served with a salad of baby spinach and grape tomatoes with balsamic vinaigrette. Very filling dinner....I actually ate a bit too much but I couldn't help myself.

Now I am super sleepy because our youngest who has been an awesome sleeper her entire life is going through a phase where she is afraid of everything...and this has resulted in a lot of nightmares. I took them for a extra big walk this afternoon so hopefully she will sleep really good tonight with no nightmares!

No comments: