Thursday, February 25, 2010

Playing

Not too much happening in the kitchen these days. We had a play date the other morning with some friends. The oldest was at kindergarten so it was just the two of us. We had a lot of fun playing ...well one of us had a lot of fun playing, the other had a lot of fun sipping steamed soymilk and visiting with the other moms. I'm sure you can guess which is which!





I didn't have anything too exciting planned for supper that night....or so I thought. I made this sauce and tossed it with steamed broccoli and brown rice penne. We also had some chickpeas on the side. Every loved it...the grown ups had seconds. The sauce is so easy to make and very decadent tasting. Not something to eat everyday but it was a nice treat!




We have one birthday party left to go this weekend and then we're done with the hosting duties for awhile! Wish me luck!

No comments: