Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Breakfast

I was feeling rather ambitious this morning so I decided instead of just our regular smoothie for breakfast I'd also make some pancakes. The smoothie is a combination of strawberries, peaches, vanilla almond milk and a scoop of vanilla hemp protein powder. We have this smoothie almost every morning and its a big hit. Our green smoothie is usually our afternoon snack. That one is usually a combination of oranges, pineapple and kale. The pancakes were whole wheat and I threw in some ground flax and salba for some extra fiber and nutrition. They turned out really well..the girls gobbled them up!






In the background you can see some of their craft stuff. They've always enjoyed doing art projects but lately thats all they do. I swear I clean up all that craft stuff 10 times a day but it always seems to make it way back to the kitchen table. Its gotten to the point where we just push to the part of the table we don't use and leave it there. Much less work!

A quick update on the hummus - both made excellent bases for pita pizzas! I will definitely be making more of each very soon.

No comments: