Friday, November 20, 2009

Catching Up

I can't believe this is my first post for November! Time has been flying. My oldest started kindergarten this year so she goes 5 mornings a week so I'm busy driving her to school and helping out with school related activities, driving her to gymnastics, homework (yes homework already!) and trying to keep my youngest entertained at the library, colouring, reading (her favourite thing to do) oh and did I mention I work for myself? Yeah so I'm also working on a couple of big projects as well. So we've been busy. And my oldest had the flu this past week. Not fun but everyone is feeling healthy and happy once again.

So even thought I've been super busy I've still been spending a lot of time in the kitchen. Here are a few random dinners we've had lately.




Teriyaki Udon Noodle Stirfry - Kids loved it and so did the adults!


Banana Soft Serve "Ice Cream" w/Enjoy Life Choc Chips - new fav. dessert


ED &BV'S Monkey Minestrone - One of my new favourites and so easy to make!


Vive's Banana Oat Bundles - perfect breakfast with some fresh fruit


Lentil Loaf with mashed potatoes, golden mushroom gravy and peas - The Vegan Table


The lentil loaf recipe was from The Vegan Table. I love this cookbook and almost everything I have made from it has been absolutely awesome but this lentil loaf really didn't work for me. The flavour was spot on but the texture was terrible. I actually couldn't even finish eating it. Maybe I used the wrong kind of lentils? I think I'll try it again with french lentils. The gravy I have made before - its the golden mushroom gravy from the same book and it is so delicious! We all love it and its the only gravy recipe I use now.

I also made the Chocolate Peanut Butter cupcakes with Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting from the Joy of Vegan Baking for my niece's birthday last weekend. They were a huge hit. Not too sweet and just the right amount of PB and chocolate. I will definitely make them again.


No comments: