Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Quick Supper

Sorry its been so long since my last post I have been absolutely swamped with work and kids! I love working from home for myself but lately it feels like when I'm not with the kids or cooking or doing laundry, etc, I'm working. I guess its good that I have lots of work to do but I still haven't figured out a schedule for myself. I guess it will take some time to find out what works and what doesn't.

So since I've been so busy we have had to have some pretty quick suppers. And even thought supper has to come together quickly I don't want it to be nutritionally lacking. So I've tried to make a few things ahead of time and make extras. Here is one such supper.



Greeks Salad


Garlic Toast



Brown rice pasta with Lemony Cashew Pesto



The Lemony Cashew Pesto is from Eat, Drink & Be Vegan. I liked it but the kids weren't too crazy about it. I ended up mixed some tomato sauce in with their and they seemed to like that a bit better. I think it was too much lemon for them. The garlic toast is from The Vegan Table and it is the BEST garlic toast I've ever had! We all love it and its a fight to see who gets the last piece. If you haven't tried this recipe yet go make it. I promise you will not be disappointed. Its a real crowd pleaser. The greek salad was you basic greek salad ingredients minus the feta cheese. I love anything with olives so I really enjoyed it. And if you were wondering about the dora cup in my salad picture thats my daughters dora sigg - not mine! Both my kids have siggs and they love them - they take them everywhere, including the dinner table!

Also just listened to Colleen's new podcast a few nights ago. Its called "The Favours we do Animals" and its great. One of her best I'd say. So if you have heard it yet go teh www.compassionatecooks.com or to itunes to get it.


No comments: