Saturday, April 25, 2009

Strawberry Mango Salad

Spring is technically here but not in my neck of the woods. Tonight they are talking about snow! I was enjoying the warmer temperatures but when they said it was going to snow I was depressed. So I decided to make a warm weather meal even though is cold as heck out.

Organic strawberries were on sale this week and so were mangos so I pick up a bunch of both. Strawberries and mangos are such a great combo in a fruit salad so I thought might as well try it on a spinach salad. Except I didn't have any spinach but I did have some organic mixed baby greens. Close enough. I added some pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and almond slivers. For a dressing I used Renee's Pear Guava Vinaigrette. This salad was fantastic and so quick and easy to put together. I think it will taste even better when the sun and warm weather returns. Below is a close up.
Dessert was a new soy free cheesecake recipe that I'm working on. Its not quite there yet but I hope to post more on it soon.

No comments: