Saturday, March 28, 2009

Crispy Cajun Chickpea Fritters

Sorry its been so long since I posted, I've been super busy (my usual excuse). My youngest turned 2 in February and she is getting her bed tomorrow! My Dad and I have been painting her room for the big day. There is something about her going to a bed that makes me very sad, she's not a baby anymore! Of course she hasn't been a baby for sometime now but her being in a crib always made her seem like she was still a baby. 

Ok on to the food. As soon as I saw these on Vegan Dad's blog I knew I had to make them. So glad I did. They are fabulous! Nice and crispy with a bit of heat. They went great with the homemade vegan tartar sauce I made. I just googled tartar sauce and veganized one of the many recipes that came. If you haven't made these yet do yourself a favour and make them. 


Here they are hot out of the pan. I fried them in very little oil and them came out very nice, not greasy at all.

And here they are with some roasted garlic potatoes and a salad with a Eat, Drink and Be Vegan's  living ceaser dressing (also very good). It made a great supper and the leftovers were even better.

No comments: