Thursday, November 6, 2008

Its coming.....

Winter that is! We went from beautiful fall days last week to a very chilly morning with frost today. This is definitely going to influence what is happening in my kitchen. I see a lot more soups, stews and chili's in our future. 

The kiddies are feeling much better and I hope it stays that way! I've been baking up a storm lately with the kiddos under the weather. The smells of fresh baking are very comforting to me and remind me of my childhood (my Mom was big into baking when we were little, not vegan mind you but there was definitely love in her cookies!) and I hope that my girls have that same warm feeling inside when I bake for them. My kids love almost all the recipes I have tried from ED&BV as well as Vive Le Vegan. Among their favs are the Banana Oat Bundles from Vive and Super Charge Me Cookies from ED&BV. But the undisputed champ for them in the "You got peanut butter in my chocolate chocolate chip cookies". These are also my Mom's favourite cookies so when I make them for the girls I always send a couple over to Grandma (she lives across the street from us so they don't have far to travel!).

The other thing I have been making the girls alot of lately is Monster Smoothies (no monsters were hurt in making these smoothies!). The fruits change daily, sometimes its fresh pineapple other days its organic strawberries or grapefruit and oranges but the consistent ingredient is Kale. It make the smoothie a lovely shade of green which the kids think is "so cool" to quote my oldest.  I'm glad they think something so good for them is so cool. Thank you Vitamix for making my life that much easier. If any of you have ever looked a getting a Vitamix and then felt faint after seeing the price I  can relate. When I first bought mine I almost returned it several times. Boy am I ever glad I didn't. It is the best appliance I own hands down. Nothing makes better smoothies, fresh juices, and nut mylks like a Vitamix. If mine broke tomorrow I'd be ordering a new one asap. And then I'd have to borrow my Mom's till my new arrived. We are that dependent on it.

I promise a post with some pictures very soon. I'm still having grief with blogger and uploading photos but I hope to solve the mystery soon! 

No comments: