Sunday, November 2, 2008

As promised!

What a super busy weekend! Friday was of course Halloween and anyone with kids will tell you its a crazy busy day. My oldest daughter had a Halloween party at preschool. After that we hurried home to pick up the youngest and my MIL and went to meet DH for lunch ( I had the roasted veggie wrap with mixed green salad...incredibly good, sorry no pic!) then it was back home to put the youngest down for a nap while the oldest and I carved the pumpkin. A quick supper of lentil tacos followed with trick o treating. Lots of fun but I'm glad it comes but once a year. 

We have had the most beautiful fall weather and Saturday was no exception. We have been taking advantage of all this great weather with lots of long walks/bike rides and lots of park time. 

That doesn't mean I haven't been in the kitchen! Now I ask you, what would fall be without pumpkin muffins? So I made the Pumpkin Oat Muffins that Dreena had posted the recipe for on her blog. These are really good. My kids loved them and enjoyed them with a cup of tea for breakfast many a day this week.




Above is a supper from this week. Lentils cooked on veg broth, saffron quinoa pilaf based on the Garlic Saffron Rice recipe in Veganomicon, and a japanese sald with cabbage, red and yellow peppers, carrots and scallions. The salad was awesome, perfect with asian seasame vinaigrette, the lentils were great too. The pilaf was good but I think something went wrong. It wasn't as tasty as I had hoped it would be. I'll have to experiment a bit more.

I promise more food post to come!

No comments: