Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Big 30

Well my 30th birthday has come and gone and it was a pretty great birthday. I am the oldest of 4 children in my family and my sister (who is 5 1/2 years younger than me) talks like turning 30 is like turning 100! However all her talking about 30 had me reflecting on leaving my 20's and going into my 30's. Looking back I'm rather proud of everything I've accomplished (graduated from college, got married, had 2 beautiful girls, worked my way up from a Junior Designer to a Creative Director, bought our "starter" house and sold that to move into our family house) all in all I think that if in my 30's I accomplish half of what I did in my 20's I'll be very pleased!

Among all the birthday presents were a few new cookbooks. I got Vegan Planet and Rebar....love them! I already have many a recipe marked to try. Although the Rebar cookbook isn't totally vegan I can definitely work with the recipes and I love that its all so unique! Vegan Planet also looks amazing...the butternut squash and black bean chili is calling my name!

Sadly my camera is not yet working but I was promised to have it back in a week so look forward to some post with pictures then.

No comments: